Giving and Supervising a Game Mode Quiz
A Game Mode Quiz is great for in-class student evaluation - it allows real time supervision, but it's also fun and encourages team work!
Giving a Game Mode Quiz
Tip: Check out our guide on How to Create a Quiz if you need help getting started!
1. You can give a Quiz immediately after having created a new one; or later, by finding your desired Quiz; in the Quizzes section of your Dashboard and clicking Give Quiz.
2. Click Game Mode.
3. Assign your Quiz to student groups and/or individual students. Then click on Review Teams.
4. On the Review Teams page you can click the eyedropper to change team colors.
5. You can click Shuffle Teams to randomize it, or click on individual students to switch them over to the other team.
6. When you are ready, click Go to Quiz Room to send the quiz off to your students.
7. While waiting for students to join your quiz, you can still change the team colors or switch students to the other team by clicking on their name.
8. When you're ready to begin, click Start Quiz!
Supervising a Game Mode Quiz
Once you start your Quiz, Kandoolu will present the first question to you and your students. At the same time, you will immediately have access to real time quiz progress and tools.
While the Quiz progresses, you can:
1. Switch to the Teacher View as this will show live answers coming in from students (with their names), as well as the correct answer and rationales for each incorrect answer. Teachers can log into Kandoolu multiple times across different devices, so they could choose to project the Class View from a classroom computer, while monitoring the Teacher View from a tablet or their phone. At any time, the teacher can switch between the views by clicking the link located at the top of the screen.
2. View the Classroom View- this is the view that Kandoolu defaults to in quizzes. A Classroom View is particularly useful when projecting this screen in front of the classroom. This way, students do not see other students' names and scores projected. In this view, teachers can also click and use the Toolbox that offers:
- The drawing area - The white or transparent area on top of your tools is your drawing area. Here is where you can draw, write and erase.
- You can click the open toolbox to close the scratchpad.
- Color Options - Clicking a color will change the color of the pen and text.
- Pen - Your mouse cursor turns into a pen you can draw with. Click and drag on the drawing area to trace lines and draw anything you need.
- Text - Click the Text button then click anywhere on your drawing area to insert text. Type in the box then click Insert or hit Enter, to add your text.
- Shapes tool - Use this to draw a straight line, circle, square/rectangle, or triangle.
- Eraser - Click the Eraser button to turn your mouse cursor into an eraser. Go over anything that you want to erase from the drawing area.
- Background - Click this to make your background either white or transparent. With a transparent scratchpad drawing area, you will still see your Quiz questions and you can draw over them. When you exit the Scratchpad, it will all go away.
- Clear - Click this button only if you are sure that you want to clear your entire drawing area.
3. Proceed to the Next Question. When the teacher clicks Next Question, the Quiz will progress for all students, regardless of whether they have answered the current question or not. Questions do not progress automatically if students provide an answer. Students need to wait until the teacher advances the question manually.
4. View the real time answer that each student provides to the current question.
5. View how many students have answered your current question out of all of the students.
6. View the percentage of correct answers provided to the current question. When in Class View, click See Question Results to display the graph.
8. Report an issue concerning the current question.
9. View the rationales behind each incorrect answer (teacher view only).
Go through this process for each question until the Quiz is completed.Press End Quiz to view its results right away.
At the end, you will be presented with the team scores and the winner. Click See Results to continue to the results breakdown.
On the Results page, you can also sort results by team.